'Gir Lion - Pride of Gujarat', my coffee-table book showcased at Crossword Ahmedabad.
Expanding Sports Horizons
With the World's Largest Cricket Stadium at Motera
Rags-to-riches stories rarely translate to reality from reel; nevertheless, when they do they transform countless lives and inspire heartwarming stories defeating the whims of destiny. These stories are never lost in the foggy ruins of time. Dhirajlal Hirachand Ambani’s transition to Dhirubhai Ambani is one such story, which touched several lives and mine was one of them. No wonder, I became the architect of my fortune. Born in a nondescript town (Jam Khambalia) of Gujarat on February 1, I was no exception. However, what differentiated me from my peers was an urge to be an entrepreneur- on the lines of Dhirubhai; who would later mentor me. My other love was Cricket. Nevertheless, it was serving people, which became my priority in the years that followed and everything else took a backseat-by default. Unbelievable; yet true.
PARIMAL NATHWANI – A MULTI-FACETED MAN
Nobility, forthrightness, hard work and a little dash of destiny makes a man. Mr Parimal Nathwani is a living example of this. From a ‘Mr. Nobody’ to a man of so many things, his story is a classic case of what determination, sincerity and conviction can get you.
Mr. Parimal Nathwani is:
- Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) from Jharkhand
- Group President (Corporate Affairs and Projects), Reliance Industries Limited (RIL)
- Chairman, Reliance Rural Development Trust (RRDT)
- Member – Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances, Law & Justice
- Member – Consultative Committee, Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Member – Select Committee on Payment & Settlement (Amendment) Bill
- Permanent Special Invitee – Consultative Committee, Ministry of External Affairs
- Member, Multi-sectoral Development Program Committee (MsDP), Jharkhand
- Standing Committee on Science & Technology, Environment & Forests
- Member – Hindi Salahkar Samiti, Ministry of Railways
- Member – Hindi Salahkar Samiti, Economic Affairs Division and Financial Services Division, Ministry of Finance
- Trustee, Board of Governor’s Social Welfare Fund (Gujarat)
- Vice President, Gujarat Cricket Association
- Member, Nathdwara Temple Board (Rajasthan)
- Chancellor, Shree Bruhad Gujarat Sanskrut Parishad
- Member, Gujarat Ayurved University Development Board
- Director, Gujarat Petcoke and Petro-products Supply Pvt. Ltd.
- President, Gujarat Industries Navratri Festival Society (GINFS)
Mr. Nathwani has spent about Rs.3.36 Crore from his personal fund; and has utilized the MPLAD fund to the fullest extent with an aggregate amount of Rs.15 Crore. He has raised about 731 questions/ issues in RajyaSabha of which about half pertain to Jharkand.