'Gir Lion - Pride of Gujarat', my coffee-table book showcased at Crossword Ahmedabad.
Expanding Sports Horizons
With the World's Largest Cricket Stadium at Motera
Rags-to-riches stories rarely translate to reality from reel; nevertheless, when they do they transform countless lives and inspire heartwarming stories defeating the whims of destiny. These stories are never lost in the foggy ruins of time. Dhirajlal Hirachand Ambani’s transition to Dhirubhai Ambani is one such story, which touched several lives and mine was one of them. No wonder, I became the architect of my fortune. Born in a nondescript town (Jam Khambalia) of Gujarat on February 1, I was no exception. However, what differentiated me from my peers was an urge to be an entrepreneur- on the lines of Dhirubhai; who would later mentor me. My other love was Cricket. Nevertheless, it was serving people, which became my priority in the years that followed and everything else took a backseat-by default. Unbelievable; yet true.
PARIMAL NATHWANI – A MULTI-FACETED MAN
Nobility, forthrightness, hard work and a little dash of destiny makes a man. Mr Parimal Nathwani is a living example of this. From a ‘Mr. Nobody’ to a man of so many things, his story is a classic case of what determination, sincerity and conviction can get you.
Mr. Parimal Nathwani is:
- Senior Group President at Reliance Industries Limited (RIL)
- President, Gujarat State Football Association (GSFA)
- Former Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) from Jharkhand
- Member, Nathdwara Temple Board (Rajasthan)
- Chancellor, Shree Bruhad Gujarat Sanskrut Parishad
- Member, Gujarat Ayurved University Development Board
- Director, Gujarat Petcoke and Petro-products Supply Pvt Ltd
- Member – Standing Committee on Science & Technology, Environment & Forests
- Member – Joint Hindi Consultative Committee of Department of Space & Department of Atomic Energy
- Member – Railway Divisional Committee, East-Central Railways, Jharkhand
- Member – District Level Committees under PM’s New 15-P Programme for the Welfare of Minorities
Mr. Nathwani has spent about Rs. 3.36 Crore from his personal fund. He has utilised utilized the MPLAD fund to the fullest extent with an aggregate amount of Rs. 37 Crore so far. He has raised about 1355 questions/ issues in Rajya Sabha of which about half pertain to Jharkand.